Ben Ofoedu is a Nigerian-British singer–songwriter and reality TV star known as the former frontman of the British dance group “Phats and small“. Ben is also well known for being the ex-fiancé of vanessa felz who is a television personality and journalist.
Ben’s first band was Benz, which he joined in 1993. He started co-hosting ‘Vanessa’s Show‘ with his ex-girlfriend, Vanessa Feltz in 2011. He won £150,000 for charity on the celebrity edition of ‘Who Wants To Be a Millionaire’. He and his partner Vanessa appeared in an episode of “Wife Swap” in which Vanessa was sent to live with magician Paul Daniels.
Where is Ben Ofoedu from?
Ben Ofoedu was welcomed by his parents on June 29, 1972, which makes him the current age of 50 as of 2022. He is from Hong Kong, China. When Ofeoedu was two, he moved to Essex with his parents and five siblings. Among his five siblings, one of his younger brothers Roy sadly passed away at the age of 47. He took to his Instagram on Monday to share the tragic news, telling how his “heart was broken”. His broadcast fiancée Vanessa Feltz, 60, also mourned the “tragic loss” when she shared a photo of Roy on her Instagram story. When breaking the news, Ben shared two photos of Roy beaming for the camera with Ed Sheeran’s song The A Team playing over them. In his caption, he wrote: “My heart is broken, little brother. I love you very much and know that we will meet again. Rest in eternal peace. Roy Ofoedu. 12/03/75 – 16/09/2022. ‘ Neither Ben nor Vanessa revealed the reason behind Roy’s sad death.Talking about his ethnicity, he is of mixed race as he has Nigerian-British descent. He holds British nationality. From a very young age, Ben dreamed of becoming famous.
Ofoedu was never very interested in studying but his passion for music helped him become one of the most renowned singers in the world.
Ben Ofoedu career timeline
- It was in 1993 that Ben joined the band “Benz” and later became the lead singer of “Phats & Small” in 1999. The band is best known for the hit “Turn Around (Hey What’s Wrong With You)”.
- In the year 2000, Ben released a solo single “Your Love”. After a year, he joined the band “REDhill” with former Boyzone member Shayne Lynch.
- Ben then participated in the British Eurovision selection competition “Making Your Mind Up” with the song “Hand On Your Heart” with the group “Four Story”. The group placed fifth and lost to Javine.
- He’s appeared on a number of TV shows with his fiancée, Vanessa, including 2007’s “Celebrity Wife Swap” – they swapped places with Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee. The duo even raised £150,000 for cancer charity when they appeared on Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionare? The two also co-hosted Channel 5 chat show ‘The Vanessa Show’.
- Ben and Vanessa made it to the finals of the quiz show “Pointless Celebrities” and participated in “All Star Mr & Mrs” in 2014. The love couple also appeared together on Celebrity Big Brother’s Bit On The Side as members of the panel in 2014.
- He appeared live on the BBC program The Big Questions in a debate titled “Do you need to be born again to be a Christian?” in 2015.
- Likewise, he hosted the 90s dance party Big Ben’s Big Tunes and performed with other artists such as Damage, Dane Bowers, 5ive and Heather Small in 2018.
- His band “Boyz On The Block” reformed at his 48th birthday party in June 2020. The band members consist of 90s icons Dane Bowers of Another Level, Shane Lynch of Boyzone and Abz Love of Five .
Are Ben Ofoedu and Vanessa Feltz still together?
Ben Ofoedu was engaged to his ex-fiancé, vanessa felz. In February 2023, she revealed to The Sun on Sunday newspaper that she and Ben had separated. Vanessa Feltz dumped her fiancé when he suspected him of cheating on her with several women. After 16 years of relationship, their breakup will be a huge shock. Amid a series of allegations that Ben repeatedly cheated on a number of women, Vanessa was horrified to find out about his “double life”. Vanessa told The Sun on Sunday: “I had thought it might take a bit longer before it comes out because there’s a lot to deal with – a shock like this takes some getting used to – but I am extremely sad and disappointed that my 16-year relationship with Ben is over.” A friend of the couple said of her breakup with Ben: “He cheated copiously, everywhere, exposing her to all sorts of things.
All about Vanessa Feltz
Ben and Vanessa have been engaged since 2006 and were due to wed in 2007 and again in 2011, but have yet to wed. After 14 years of their engagement, Ben said “You know what, if it ain’t broke why fix it?” “In the 14 years that Vanessa and I have been together, we’ve seen so many friends get married and after a while we were like, ‘It just works.'” “If we get married, who knows, but not yet.” They previously lived together in St John’s Wood, London, in a house previously owned by art king Charles Saatchi.
Ben Ofoedu and Vanessa Feltz met through mutual friend Keith Duff who is a Boyzone star. After spending time with Vanessa in the Big Brother house in 2001, Keith decided to introduce her to Ben. Vanessa is 10 years older than Ben.
Who is Vanessa Feltz?
vanessa felz is the host and former Celebrity Big Brother. Her morning radio show on BBC Radio 2 is very popular with her fans and one of the critics described her voice as “like lemon tea with honey”. She became a journalist after graduating from university – often specializing in sex advice – before replacing Paula Yates for ‘On the Bed’ interviews on Channel 4’s The Big Breakfast. She then had her own daytime chat show ITV, Vanessa, before moving to the BBC to present The Vanessa Show.
Vanessa was married to Michael Kurer for 17 years until their divorce in 2000. Michael is a surgeon by profession. The duo have two daughters together, namely Allegra and Saskia.
What is Ben Ofoedu net worth?
Ben Ofoedu is a pop singer and entertainer. As a singer, he was a member of bands such as Benz, Phats and Small, REDhill, etc. With the band he released several singles as he released a solo single “Your Love” in 2000. Also a host, Ben hosted the 90s dance party Big Ben’s Big Tunes and performed with other bands such as Damage, Dane Bowers, 5ive, and Heather Small. His main source of wealth comes from the music industry.
Ben Ofoedu net worth is estimated at $5 million as of 2023. On the other side, the net worth of his fiancee, Vanessa Feltz, is $52m (£38m) at the time of writing. In the BBC’s 2018 talent list, Vanessa’s company salary was between £330,000 and £339,000. Ben defended her for her earnings saying “she’s good at what she does”. He told Woman Magazine in 2018: “She doesn’t do hard bargaining at all. Vanessa does the work that no one else can – she can go from radio to entertainment shows to reality.” “I would like to see another woman as smart as Vanessa, she has to come down from her smarts to chat with people in conversations.” Ben currently lives a lavish lifestyle and he also owns fancy cars and a large mansion.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth