The Catalan club now have a 12-point lead over runners-up Madrid with 12 games to play.
Barcelona took a big step towards winning their first league title since 2019 after coming from behind to beat Madrid 2-1.
Franck Kessie scored an injury-time winner to help the Catalan club take a 12-point lead over league-leading runners-up Madrid with 12 games remaining.
Barcelona were saved by VAR for the second game in a row as Madrid saw a Marco Asensio goal disallowed in the 81st minute for offside.
“We’re still not sure it was offside,” Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said of Asensio’s goal. “It didn’t feel like 100 per cent offside. With this doubt, we return to Madrid.
However, Barcelona manager Xavi said he was ‘surprised’ by the Madrid manager’s comments. “It’s obvious, the offside is obvious, it’s scientific, isn’t it? Xavi told reporters. “Without VAR, everything is more difficult. In the end, it becomes fairer, especially with the offside.
Barcelona have won eight league titles in 11 seasons to 2019. They finished second behind Madrid in 2020, then third – behind Real Madrid and champions Atletico Madrid – in 2021, and second again behind Madrid in 2020. last season, the first after the departure of Lionel Messi.
Barcelona are aiming for a 27th league title, which would leave them eight behind Madrid.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree