Bang Si-hyuk is a south korean songwriter, lyricist, composer, producerAnd music director. He is famous for being the founder of hit music (formerly Big Hit Entertainment) and Hybe Corporation, and president of the latter. He is said to be dating a woman named Sohee.
Bang entered the entertainment industry in the 1990s as a producer, composer, and arranger known as Hitman Bang. Before starting his own business, Bang Si Hyuk co-created music with Park Jin Young, for Park’s agency, JYP Entertainment. He is one of the fifty richest people in South Korea according to Forbes Asia and is the only billionaire in the South Korean entertainment industry.
Who are Bang Si-hyuk’s parents?
Bang Si-hyuk was born on August 9, 1972 in South Korea to his father, Bang Geuk-yoonand his mother, Choi Myung-ja. Her father is a former chairman of the Korea Workers’ Compensation and Welfare Corporation at the Korea Social Insurance Research Institute. He also has a younger sister. His cousin, Bang Jun-hyuk, is the founder of Netmarble, South Korea’s largest mobile games company, while his maternal uncle, politician and former journalist Choi Kyu-sik, was appointed South Korea’s ambassador in Hungary in 2018. Bang Si-hyuk is Korean according to his nationality and his ethnicity is South Korean-Asian. He cut his 50th birthday cake in 2022. Bang became interested in music at an early age as he grew up in a musical household. However, he was discouraged from pursuing a career in the industry by his parents.
In middle school, Bang formed a band with friends. He started writing and performing songs he had composed. He attended Kyunggi High School before earning a degree in aesthetics from Seoul National University.
Bang Si-hyuk career timeline
- During his college years, Bang made his debut as a composer. With Park Jin-young, he started working together as a songwriting duo. He joined as a composer, arranger and producer after Park founded JYP Entertainment.
- One of their early hits was the first generation band “god” Bang who arranged the instrumentation and music for the god’s debut album “Chapter 1”. Some of God’s most famous songs arranged by Bang include “One Candle” and “Road”. His stage name “Hitman” was launched during this time.
- Besides God, he has produced or written for many other artists, including veterans Im Chang-jung and Park Ji-yoon, singer-actor Rain, bands Wonder Girls, 2AM, and Teen Top, and R&B singer Baek Ji- young.
- He left JYP Entertainment and founded his own company, Big Hit Entertainment in 2005. There he continued to write, compose and produce for Big Hit artists. He co-wrote six songs on BTS’ critically acclaimed album “Wings” (2016).
- He graced the cover of Time magazine’s April 2022 issue with BTS.
- Later that month, he received an honorary doctorate in business from Seoul National University (SNU) – he is the first figure in the entertainment industry to be awarded this – in recognition of his “contribution to the development and innovation of the nation’s culture and entertainment”. industry” and for his “role in transforming K-pop into a global pop music culture”.
Awards and achievements of Bang Si-hyuk
- Melon Music Awards in 2009, 2016
- Mnet 20’s Choice Awards in 2010
- 2011 Korean Music Copyright Awards
- Asian Artist Awards 2016
- Mnet Asian Music Awards in 2016, 2018, 2020
- 2017 Gold Record Award
- Gaon Chart Music Awards in 2017
- 2017 Korean Content Awards
- Seoul Music Awards 2018
- Music Genius Award in 2018
- Edaily Culture Awards in 2018
- Pony Chung Innovation Award in 2020
What is Bang Si-hyuk’s net worth?
Bang Si-hyuk is the founder and chairman of Hybe (formerly Big Hit Entertainment), one of Korea’s largest music labels and entertainment agencies. He took the company public in October 2020 in what was South Korea’s biggest IPO in three years, making him a billionaire. In October 2022, he donated 5 billion won (about $3.5 million) to the Community Chest of Korea. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and self-made entrepreneur.
As of 2023, Bang Si-hyuk’s net worth is estimated at $2 billion according to Forbes. In April 2019, Bloomberg estimated Bang’s value at around $770 million. BigHit’s IPO filed in October 2020 was South Korea’s largest in three years and skyrocketed Bang’s net worth to $2.8 billion, making him the only billionaire. of the entertainment industry in South Korea and the sixth richest person in the country. In June 2021, Forbes Asia released its annual list of Korea’s 50 richest people. One of only two newcomers to the ranking, Bang was ranked the 16th richest person in South Korea. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Bang was worth around $3.2 billion in July 2021. He is currently living a lavish life.
Is Bang Si-hyuk married?
Bang Si-hyuk is not yet married and has no wife. But he is said to be dating a 21-year-old woman who is 25 years younger than him. He was in the spotlight for a resurfaced photo that was taken in Vietnam. It was not only Bang Si Hyuk who caught people’s attention, but also the tall, beautiful woman who was next to him in the photo. Fans have come to the conclusion that the woman in the photo is a woman whose Instagram ID is “sohee_172” and therefore it has been assumed that the woman’s name is sohee.
Bang Si-hyuk has no children and he has not become a biological father to date. Besides his appearance with Sohee, he has not been linked to any woman who clearly states that he is not gay but is straight.
How tall is Bang Si-hyuk?
Bang Si-hyuk is a handsome man with dark brown hair. He has a pair of brown colored eyes. He wears an oval shaped bezel which suits him perfectly. He has a healthy body and he is very strict with his diet.
Bang Si-hyuk is 5 feet 6 inches tall and his body weight is 365 pounds (165.5 kg). He has an average body type with a charming smile and a beaming face.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree