The 2023 Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship will be the 22nd staging of the Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship. It is a biennial international volleyball tournament organised by the Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC). This time the AVC is collaborating with the Thailand Volleyball Association (TVA). The tournament will be held in Nakhon Ratchasima in Thailand. The top three teams of the tournament qualified for the 2025 FIVB Women’s World Championship. They will enter the competition as the AVC representative.
Wednesday will see Australia take on Thailand in the preliminary round of the Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023. Australia is currently ranked fifty-third in the World Rankings. In contrast, Thailand is ranked seventeenth in the World Rankings. Thailand along with South Korea and Japan have been the leading countries in Asia. Likewise, the Australians have been a powerhouse of the Oceania. As a result, it will be a contest between two top tier nations. Naturally, there will be fierce rivalry during the match. Let us see who comes out on top on Wednesday.
What is the format of the Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship?
According to the AVC regulations, a maximum of 16 teams will be participating in the tournament. This is based on 1 host team, followed by 10 teams based on the final standing of the previous edition. Added to that, there will be 5 teams from each of the 5 zones. The AVC stated that there were originally fourteen entrant teams that were due to participate in the tournament. However, New Zealand and Sri Lanka have announced that they would withdraw from the tournament.
Teams were seeded in the first two positions of each pool following the serpentine system according to their previous rank. AVC reserved the right to seed the hosts as head of pool A regardless of the previous ranking. All teams not seeded were drawn to take other available positions in the remaining lines. Each pool had no more than three teams from the same zonal association. The draw was held in Bangkok, Thailand on 16 March 2023.
Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023 Schedule
|Schedule (30.08.23)||Timings (IST)|
|Hong Kong vs China||10:30|
|Iran vs Japan||10:30|
|Kazakhstan vs Philippines||13:30|
|South Korea vs Vietnam||13:30|
|Australia vs Thailand||16:30|
|Chinese Taipei vs Uzbekistan||16:30|
When is the Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023?
The Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023 starts on August 30 and ends on September 6, 2023.
Where to watch the Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023?
The LIVE Streaming of the Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023 will be available on the YouTube platform of the Asian Volleyball Confederation.
- Iran vs Japan Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023: Live Stream, Schedule
- South Korea vs Vietnam Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023: Live Stream, Schedule
- Kazakhstan vs Philippines Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship 2023: Live Stream, Schedule
Get the latest from Sportslumo.com by following us on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing