WATKINS, Colo. — At least one person was killed after three vehicles were swept away in rough waters in Watkins during inclement weather overnight, according to the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office.
First responders began receiving calls about a vehicle that had been washed out in the rough waters in the area of N. Watkins Rd. and E. 6e Avenue around 11:30 p.m.
7 taken to hospital, dozens more injured as hailstorm hits Red Rocks spectators
22:35, June 21, 2023
When first responders arrived at the scene, they found there were two cars swept away in a field, but its occupants had gotten out or been rescued, according to Arapahoe County Deputy John Bartmann, who said to Denver7 that the circumstances surrounding the operation were unclear because they were assisting Bennett Watkins Fire Rescue who was handling the scene.
Deputies said a third vehicle ended up west of Watkins and 6e Ave. in what is normally a dry creek bed. South Metro’s water rescue team was then called in to perform a water rescue, but that operation turned into a recovery on Thursday morning.
Denver 7+ Colorado News Latest Headlines | June 22, 8 a.m.
No information about the driver involved was immediately available, but deputies said that person was the only one inside the vehicle at the time.
“We’re about to have another round of storms,” Bartmann said, warning people not to drive through rough waters. “The ground is so saturated with water that there is nowhere to go (further precipitation).”
Denver7 meteorologist Lisa Hidalgo predicted another round of severe weather Thursday afternoon with large hail, heavy rain and possible isolated tornadoes beginning around 2 p.m. as part of flood advisories and warnings.
The stormy system will push eastward throughout the afternoon and early evening.
What do you want Denver7 to track? Is there a story, topic, or issue you’d like us to revisit? Let us know with the contact form below.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing