Police are reporting “multiple casualties” in response to a mass shooting at a downtown Louisville bank building that left six people dead, including a police officer. The shooter is “down,” but it’s unclear if he’s included in the casualty count.
The Associated Press reports:
The Louisville Metro Police Department said on Twitter Monday that there was an ongoing situation and asked people to avoid the area. “There are multiple victims,” police said in the tweet. Police described him as an “active aggressor”.
Witnesses who left the building told WHAS-TV they heard gunshots inside the building.
Numerous police vehicles have been seen on television footage. WHAS reporters said they saw people being taken from the scene in ambulances.
In a tweet, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear said he was heading to the scene.
“Please pray for all affected families and for the city of Louisville,” Beshear said.
We shouldn’t have to live with this daily chaos:
UPDATE: 6 people were injured.
When will he have enough?
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth