All efforts are being made to bring peace to Manipur on the instructions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Interior Minister Amit Shah said at a multi-party meeting held on Saturday to discuss the prevailing situation in the state of northeast.
Amit Shah also told the meeting that since the outbreak of violence in the state, there has “not been a single day” when he has not spoken to Prime Minister Modi about the situation or that the Prime minister did not issue instructions, BJP’s Manipur said. Sambit Patra’s charge told reporters after the meeting.
Opposition parties criticized the Centre’s handling of the Manipur situation and questioned the prime minister’s “silence” on the issue.
Nearly 120 people have lost their lives and more than 3,000 have been injured since ethnic violence erupted in the state.
“In his statement at the meeting, Amit Shahji made it very clear that there has not been a single day that he has not spoken to the Prime Minister since the violence began on May 3.
“Efforts to restore peace in the state are being undertaken on the instructions of the Prime Minister,” Mr Patra said.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing