The infant, who was on an AMBER alert, was found safe and sound.
The Greensboro Police Department received a report of a shooting around 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the 2400 block of Phillips Avenue.
Upon arriving at the scene, they discovered two individuals, Sharelle Johnson, 25, and a 20-year-old man, who had been shot.
On Friday, the Greensboro Police Department confirmed that Sharelle Johnson died of her injuries, while the condition of the other victim is stable.
Following Thursday’s shooting, an AMBER Alert has been issued for 9-month-old Kayson Osiah Monk.
Authorities suspect Kayson’s father, Deon Lamar Monk, shot and killed two people on Phillips Avenue and drove Kayson away in a small burgundy or red Saturn Vue SUV.
The vehicle was heavily damaged on the bodywork and had a broken rear window. The Greensboro Police Department advised that Kayson was found unharmed in Siler City and being transported back to Greensboro.
Deon Lamar Monk was apprehended in Harnett County and is currently in custody, with charges expected to be filed against him shortly.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth