WASHINGTON- About 7.5 million singing and swimming ‘Baby Shark’ bath toys are being recalled after multiple lacerations and puncture wounds were reported in children who played with them.
Zuru, an El Segundo-based toymaker, said it was recalling both full-size and mini versions of its robotic baby shark toys that have hard plastic top fins, which pose injury risks.
Twelve injuries have already been reported with Zuru’s full-size Robo Alive Junior Baby Shark Sing & Swim Bath Toys – after children sit or fall on the now recalled products. Nine of those cases required stitches or medical attention, according to a statement released Thursday by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Although injuries have only been reported with these full-size toys so far, Zuru is also recalling Robo Alive Junior Mini Baby Shark bath toys “out of an abundance of caution.”
Consumers in possession of the recalled toys are urged to stop using them immediately and contact Zuru for a full refund. To get the refund, customers are asked to cut or bend the tail fin, write “recalled” and a registration code on the baby shark’s body, and upload a photo to a dedicated recall site.
The recalled products may be identified by model numbers and date codes. Zuru’s Robo Alive Junior Baby Shark Sing & Swim Bath Toys and Robo Alive Junior Mini Baby Shark Swimming Bath Toys were sold in person and online at chains such as Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens and TJX Companies from May 2019 to March 2023.
In a company announcement, Zuru noted that the recall only affected versions of the baby shark toys with a hard plastic fin. The newer toys, which have a silicone fin, are not part of the recall, Zuru said.
“We want to assure our customers that we are committed to the highest levels of safety and quality of all our products, and we have measures in place to prevent future incidents by working to quickly remove these products from retail and replace them with a newly designed product,” Zuru wrote.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing