53-year-old woman in critical condition after alleged hit-and-run when Holden Commodore ran a red light
- Incident at Point Cook, southwest of Melbourne
- Woman rushed to hospital after crash at 11pm Friday night
- Holden Commodore collided with a Volkswagen Golf
A woman was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a suspected hit-and-run, with the driver fleeing the scene on foot.
Just after 11pm on Friday night, emergency services were called to a collision between two cars in Point Cook, around 27km southwest of Melbourne.
Police heard a purple Holden Commodore traveled west on Dunnings Road, before running a red light and colliding with a gray Volkswagen Golf.
The driver of the Holden and his passenger are unharmed. Picture: 9 News
The driver and passenger managed to escape uninjured, but a 53-year-old man was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The 25-year-old driver of the Holden reportedly fled the scene on foot, but was quickly arrested by police at his home in Point Cook.
Police urged anyone who may have been driving on Dunnings Road before the incident and saw the purple Holden to report to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
The driver participates in the investigations, but the investigations are continuing.
The woman was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries. Image: Provided
Share or comment on this article:
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree