An attorney for Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson says the rapper didn’t intentionally hurt anyone when he hurled a microphone into the audience at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, leaving a woman injured.
The hip-hop star was performing during a stop on his “Final Lap” tour alongside L.A. rapper YG, when a microphone malfunctioned.
Video posted on social media showed a frustrated 50 Cent forcefully tossing the mic into the crowd.
According to published reports, it hit radio host Bryhana Monegain of L.A. hip-hop station Power 106 in the forehead. She was reportedly standing in a production area off-stage when she was struck.
Related Story: Cardi B Escapes Charges in Mic-Throwing Incident at Concert
The Neighborhood Talk obtained photos of Bryhana’s injury, which showed a gash on her forehead and blood.
The outlet posted the pictures on Instagram, along with the caption: “Our sources tell us that Bryhana Monegain has filed a police report against the rapper. Bryhana provided us with photos of her sustained injuries and says 50 saw her before trying to throw a mic at his crew.”
Monegain went to the hospital to be treated for a head laceration, TMZ reported.
After video of the incident went viral, 50 Cent’s attorney Scott Leemon issued a statement to the media on Thursday, saying the rapper didn’t intend to hurt anyone.
“Let’s be very clear, as I told LAPD this afternoon, my client Curtis (AKA 50 Cent) would never intentionally strike anyone with a microphone. Anyone saying something different doesn’t have all the facts and is misinformed,” Leemon said.
The incident came exactly one month after Cardi B threw a microphone into the crowd during a performance at Drai’s Beachclub in Las Vegas on July 29.
A concertgoer filed a police report after being “struck by an item that was thrown from the stage,” the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement.
Days later, Las Vegas authorities said there was “insufficient evidence” to file charges in the case.
- Bless This TV Series’ Beautiful, Bonkers Twists
- Fraudulent Forms Frenzy: Michigan Officials Seek FBI Help in 2020 Voter Registration Investigation | Wayne Dupree
- Keith Thompson Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WWMT-TV, and Net Worth
- Body Language Expert Notices Meghan Markle Become ‘Nervous’ When She Wasn’t Getting Prince Harry’s Full Attention and Had to ‘Take a Backseat’
- The Project stars poke fun at their own network after sharing footage of a woman snubbing a Channel 10 reporter ‘because they’re not from Channel Seven’