On August 27, 2018, a 32-year-old student at Oxford University married herself on her birthday, setting off an internet fire.
The Ugandan woman Lulu Jemimah surprised her parents by choosing to get married on short notice at the Quepasa Bar in Kampala, the country’s capital.
According to the Daily Mail, Lulu was tired of her parents always bugging her about getting married, even if that was the furthest thing from her mind.
Lulu stated she was only dedicated to her ambition of becoming an academic at the time when she was pursuing a master’s degree in creative writing. Her words are:
“Becoming an academic is something I am passionate about and am dedicated to achieving.”But the only questions my family had for me were the dates of my wedding and the birth of my children, both of which are significant events in my native Uganda.
She said, “When I turned 16, my father composed my wedding speech. My mother prayed for me on my birthday every year, and lately she has prayed specifically for a decent husband.
But I simply didn’t want to contemplate proceeding up the aisle. It’s not what keeps me awake at night.
the pictures underneath
Tap To Join Our WhatsApp Community
- Bless This TV Series’ Beautiful, Bonkers Twists
- Fraudulent Forms Frenzy: Michigan Officials Seek FBI Help in 2020 Voter Registration Investigation | Wayne Dupree
- Keith Thompson Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WWMT-TV, and Net Worth
- Body Language Expert Notices Meghan Markle Become ‘Nervous’ When She Wasn’t Getting Prince Harry’s Full Attention and Had to ‘Take a Backseat’
- The Project stars poke fun at their own network after sharing footage of a woman snubbing a Channel 10 reporter ‘because they’re not from Channel Seven’