LAKEWOOD, Colo. – A 12-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly threatening a college in Lakewood.
The Lakewood Police Department received reports of a planned school shooting at Creighton Middle School on Tuesday and Wednesday. The threats included a photo of what looked like a handgun and were made via social media, according to Lakewood PD. They were reported via Safe2Tell.
On Thursday, a 12-year-old was arrested for interfering with staff, faculty or students at educational institutions – credible threat and harassment.
The 12-year-old is not a current or former student of the school, according to Lakewood police. They previously lived in Lakewood but currently live in Denver and attend Denver Public Schools, Lakewood PD said in a statement.
During the investigation, officers discovered a “realistic fake handgun,” Lakewood police said.
Since the suspect is a minor, the department is not releasing his name.
Lakewood PD concluded the statement by thanking students and staff at Creighton Middle School, as well as Jeffco Public Schools and R1, calling the investigation a “collaborative effort.”
What do you want Denver7 to track? Is there a story, topic, or issue you’d like us to revisit? Let us know with the contact form below.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree